FAQ’S about Accommodation in Tamborine Mountain.
Any queries or comments that you may have can be directed to our resident lounge lizard Bikkie our much loved Labradoodle.
If Bikkie doesn’t know the answer she will refer you to either Kay or John.
The following are the most FAQ’S that Bikkie has referred on to us.
Do you have Internet Access?
Yes, free WiFi is available throughout the building. Connect from your room, the guest lounge room, or from your verandah.
What are the breakfast options?
Our hale and hearty complimentary, large and healthy continental breakfast has been given the tick of approval from guests including some in the medical professon. That breakfast currently consists of (gluten free) museli, weetbix, sultana bran, corn flakes and special k. In the cooler months porridge will also be available. We also provide orange juice, yoghurt, quite a lot of fresh fruit, toast, tea and coffee. When in season avocados from our non spray tree are available. Much to our guests’ delight, home made jams (made by a local lady) are on offer, together with the usual breakfast favourites of vegemite, honey and peanut butter.
Nevertheless, because of our central location, we have found that some of our guests still wish to do their own thing, get up in their own time and wander down to Gallery Walk (a short stroll away) and enjoy brunch at one of the cafes/restaurants.
We therefore leave it for our guests to decide –an early quick start breakfast at Amore or breakfast elsewhere – it is for our guests to decide.
Are there any National Parks within walking distance?
Yes! Palm Grove, Joalah and MacDonald National Parks are just a short walk from Amore. Natural beauty is at our doorstep.
- Palm Grove National Park Mountain – 1 km
- Joalah National Park Mountain – 1.1 km
- Macdonald National Park Mountain – 1.1 km
- Gold Coast Beaches –30 km
There are many National Park Walks located within the the area that we know as the Scenic Rim. Go to our Best Scenic Rim National Parks Walks Information Guide for a little glimpse at 27 of our National Park Walks The bush walking tracks take you through rainforests with large strangler figs, piccabeen palm groves and tall trees festooned with vines, ferns and orchids. The National Parks are also a bird watchers paradise.
Where are the nearest Waterfalls?
Curtis Falls Warterfall is within a short stroll. There are a number of National Parks with waterfalls on the Mountain. We can supply you with Maps for all of the bush walking tracks on Mt Tamborine. Want to visualize a Waterfall on Tamborine Mountain then check out our (Video No 11.) See the footer on this page for our recent Walk to a Waterfall post.
Are there restaurants nearby?
Yes quality Restaurants are within walking distance. Dining opportunities are not to be missed and visitors seeking to experience superb regional cuisine will not be disappointed.
Restaurants within walking distance of Amore B&B. Or see our Comprehensive Restaurant Information Guide
- Masala Shanti – located just 2 doors down the road – for those who enjoy true Indian cuisine. Lunch and Dinner Wednesday thru. Sunday.
- Pippin Took2 – an 8 minute walk Pippin Took² is stylish by design, comfortable and welcoming by nature, offering a special experience in an incredible environment. French-inspired dining for any occasion, The kitchen is helmed by Multi Award Winning Chef, Ross Howell.
- Villa Alessandra – a 4 minute stroll. In her kitchen Gloria is proud to cook like her Italian mother and grandmother, following the centuries-old traditions of a cuisine made of smells and flavours that warm up the soul. From scratch Gloria will create every single dish, adding nothing but passion and dedication, with selected ingredients from local suppliers.
- Gas Light – an 8 minute walk – pizza, pasta and burgers. Closed Tuesday. Lunch Wednesday thru. Sunday and dinner Wed. Thu. Fri. Sat. and Sun.
- Cafe Bravo – also only a 5 minutes stroll — good hearty food. Lunch 7 Days, Breakfast 7 Days.
- Tea and Niceties – A 10-minute walk. Brunch or High Tea in a bright, elegant cafe with romantic decor, fine crockery and a stunning garden – adjacent to Curtis Falls Walking Track. Open Wednesday to Sunday from 9 am to 4 pm.
- Tamborine Mountain Vineyard – A 5-minute stroll. Award winning pies, gourmet meals and great coffee. Open 7 Days 8.30 to 4.00.
- Monkey Tree – An 8-minute walk. Located near the Fig Tree Roundabout at the top end of Gallery Walk. Modern Australian cuisine, dine in or takeaway. Breakfast and Lunch 7 Days, Dinner Wednesday thru. Sunday to 8.00 pm.
- The Manor – located 4 doors up the road – distinctively French but with all the flavours of Tamborine Mountain. Breakfast and lunch 7 Days – Dinner Friday and Saturday
- George’s Paragon Seafood Restaurant– less than 5 minutes stroll – a seafood restaurant with a Mediterranean Flavour. Lunch and Dinner Wednesday to Sunday – currently closed.
And Restaurants just a short drive away.
- Three Little Pigs — a 4 minute drive from Amore — a favourite with locals, Great Chef with food to savor. Lunch Wednesday thru. Sunday, Dinner Friday and Saturday
- Clancy’s Irish Bar and Restaurant – also only a 4 minute drive from Amore – Great hearty Irish fare, good ales, happy lively staff and on weekends awesome live music. Definitely one of the top places to eat on Mt Tamborine.
- Main St. Provedore – Eatery & Espresso is now open, featuring a diverse selection of the highest quality specialty products. Start your morning with espresso and house baked bread, or enjoy a deli style sandwich, luxurious salad and a glass of wine for lunch. The family team at Main St. Provedore is led by fine dining chef Brenden Schutz who knows that every product counts, and strives to make your experience tailored and special. Brenden will deliver exceptional four course dinners on selected Friday and Saturday evenings for up to 8 people in an intimate setting. An experience not to be missed.
- Leaf Japanese Restaurant – another within a 4-minute drive from Amore – reminiscent of private restaurant in Japan. The food is prepared with care and attention to detail by chef Jiro in an open kitchen with a daily specials board highlighting seasonal produce.
- Hickory – yes also just a 4-minute drive away. The first place on the Mountain to seriously offer cocktails and fine beverages, matched in with dry rubbed Ribs. The guys are open late on Friday and Saturday nights so even if you are eating elsewhere, you are more than welcome to drop in for a pre-dinner or a late drink at Hickory.
- If you enjoy Chinese, Mexican, Polish, Bavarian, English Pub or Modern Australian style cuisine – they are all only a short drive from Amore.
- Take-Aways – Be it Indian or simply a Pizza all are available within walking distance.
- The Dining Room at Amore B&B is there for your convenience. Let us know when you want to use the Dining Room and we will ensure that all necessary crockery, cutlery and glassware is available. No need to wash up or clean up after you finish, just head off to your room and we will do the clean up.
Is there much to do in the area?
Yes there are Things to do a plenty during your stay at Amore.
Amore is just 100 meters from cafes, restaurants, shops, across the road from the Cheese Factory/Boutique Brewery and the Gold Coast Theme Parks are a 25 minute drive away (Video 4)
Many guests simply park their cars and stroll to rainforest walks, craft shops, cellar door outlets and clothing shops. The property is perfectly positioned to explore Tamborine Mountain.
- Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk – 2.3 km
- Thunderbird Park – 3.4 km
- Village Roadshow Studios – 11.1 km
- Warner Bros. Movie World – 11.2 km
- Wet’n’Wild Water World – 11.6 km
- Australian Outback Spectacular – 11.7 km
- WhiteWater World – 13.1 km
- Dreamworld – 13.2km
- Glow Worm Caves 1.7km
Are Self/Drive and Walking Map Guides available?
Yes there are. Our Self Drive and Walking Maps are our local guidebook for things to do, to see and to experience during your stay. Kay and John have resided on Tamborine Mountain for in excess of 27 years and if anyone can invite you into this warm and welcoming community they can. You live like a local when you stay at Amore B&B.
Ask for a map and information guide for any of the following or click on the links below
- A local walking track through a Rainforest, Olde Eagle Heights and Gallery Walk.
- Walk to a Waterfall
- Harvest Trail.
- Brisbane’s Best Day Trip.
- A Country Drive to Byron Bay
- Adventure Getaway – Tamborine Style.
- Best Things in life are free.
- Classes and Workshops.
- Restaurants and Drinking spots.
- Theme Parks.
- Outdoor and Adventure
- Villages and Hamlets of the Scenic Rim
- The Gold Coast beaches and attractions
- The natural beauty that is Springbrook and Natural Arch
- Wildlife and Marine Parks
- O’Reilly’s at Lamington National Park
- Scenic Rim Markets
- Scenic Rim Museums
We also have available maps for:
- The Beautiful Rainforest Walks.
- Winery Trail.
- Picnic spots.
- Golf Tennis and recreation locations.
- Lookouts to the Western Ranges and the Gold Coast.
Can we order a takeaway meal to have in your Dining Room?
Yes! The Dining Room at Amore is there for your convenience. Let us know when you want to use the Dining Room and we will ensure that all necessary crockery, cutlery and glassware is available. No need to wash up or clean up after you finish, just head off to your room and we will do the dishes!
Do you provide car parking?
Yes, adequate off street free parking is provided for our guests.
How warm or cold does it get on Tamborine Mountain?
Mean Max/Min temperatures (statistics supplied by Australian Bureau of Meteorology) …
January: 25.5°c / 17.3°c
February: 25.4°c / 17.2°c
March: 24.4°c / 16.2°c
April: 22.7°c / 14.1°c
May: 19.7°c / 11.3°c
June: 17.7°c / 9.1°c
July: 17.0°c / 7.9°c
August: 18.2°c / 8.7°c
September: 20.1°c / 10.5°c
October: 22.3°c / 12.9°c
November: 24.4°c / 14.8°c
December: 25.4°c / 16.2°
For Sunrise and Sunset times visit our Events -What’s On page.
150 Long Road,
Tamborine Mountain Qld 4272
Tel: (07) 5545 2330